I was so excited to be invited by Wholly Guacamole to attend an event in Dallas at the beginning of Blissdom. Wholly Guacamole partnered with Chef Alex Thomopoulos & Chef Nathan Lippy! Both chefs are featured on the HUNGRY You Tube Channel! Several bloggers were paired with a chef to create one of Chef Alex’s recipes! Chef Alex was super nice and so easy to talk to!
Would you think to use Wholly Salsa in a Bloody Mary drink? Chef @AlexThomopoulos did! Check out this awesome HungryYouTube channel video featuring Wholly Gucamole’s Roasted Tomato Wholly Salsa!
Roasted Tomato Bloody Mary’s
Ingredients Needed (serves 6)
- 3/4 pound 21/25 wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 30 grape tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 34 ounces tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups wheat-free vodka, such as Chopin, Ciroc, or Smirnoff
- 1/2 cup Wholly Salsa Roasted Tomato dip
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5-10 dashes hot sauce
- 1 head celery, separated into stalks
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 1 hour
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- On 6 skewers thread 3-4 shrimp each. On 6 other skewers thread 5 cherry tomatoes each. Rub both the tomatoes and shrimp skewers with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place skewers on the grill. Cook tomatoes until they char and soften. Cook shrimp until charred and pink. Remove & reserve on skewers.
- In a large pitcher combine tomato juice, vodka, Wholly Salsa Roasted Tomato dip, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Fill 6 cocktail glasses with ice and evenly distribute the cocktail. Garnish each glasss with a celery stalk, 1 tomato skewer and 1 shrimp skewer.
This cocktail was so delicious!! As long as you use wheat-free vodka it is also gluten free! If your new to Wholly Guacamole products they are all natural, contain no preservatives, and are NON -GMO! So basically your getting just the good stuff!
One reader will win a Wholly Guacamole Prize Pack!
Give Rafflecopter a second to load then follow the steps to enter! Good Luck!Just a quick reminder ~ I’ve changed over to the new website so you would need to sign up again for Saving U Green’s newsletter. Unfortunately I’m not able to transfer over prior email subscribers. You can enter your email to sign up on the lower right hand side! Thanks 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received a sample to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.