As I promised, I’m keeping my resolution to share a bit more with you about myself and family. I’ve shared with y’all the devastating news about our son Gunner’s leukemia diagnosis. But what I haven’t shared is….. that during the past 18 months while he has battled cancer, I have let myself totally go. My commitment to eating healthy, getting plenty of rest, and staying hydrated has went completely out the window.
To be the best I can be, in addition to a mother, and wife, I need to be honest with myself to get back on the right track. I’m reaffirming my commitment to my fitness goals for 2016. I’ve let things slip, been tired, and honestly just sad with what we’re dealing with in our daily life.
My Top 5 Fitness Goals For 2016
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day! I carry a blue Thermos water bottle(pictured above) with me everywhere I go. It’s easy and convenient, plus it keeps me from grabbing a soda at a fast food place during the drive back and forth to Gunner’s doctor’s appointment.
2. Replace chips and candy with healthy snacks. Instead of grabbing a handful of chips, I’m going to start replacing with fresh fruit, veggies, or nuts. Empty calories aren’t helping my waist line.
3. 30 minutes of exercise daily is an easy fitness goal to keep. Getting off the couch and spending time talking a walk with the kids always clears my mind!
4. 8 hours of sleep each night. I get up early every day at 4:30am so it’s essential I get a good nights sleep. If not, I’m dragging by 2PM which leads to horrible snack choices and an evening just sitting on the couch.
5. Permission to just be, as long as it’s temporary. Life has twists and turns. The only thing we can control is our response to life changing events. Each day is a new start to make better choices and stay committed to fitness goals and being the best you, you can be!