Busy days parlay into a last minute snap decision for dinner. My efforts to plan in advance never seem to pan out as I plan. If I’m being brutally honest. I can’t seem to keep milk, eggs, and bread in my house on any given day. Even despite daily trips to the grocery store. I want to eat fresh and organic daily. My goal is to avoid GMO’s, artificially processed foods and eating out. So what’s a busy mom to do? Green Chef organic food delivery to the rescue!
Green Chef offers meal plans for 2, or a family plan. Choose meals curated by chefs for vegetarian, paleo,vegan, carnivore, omnivore, and gluten free, Delivery days can be customized to fit your schedule. Green Chef doesn’t require any commitment allowing you to skip a delivery at anytime. My meal plan contained food for two dinners. The ingredients were color coded labels to assist me in quickly deciphering what food when with each recipe. Green Chef really has thought of everything to simplify the process and make cooking dinner effortless. I save precious time and have eliminated grocery shopping off my daily to do list. Green Chef saves my family money with perfectly portioned ingredients for the recipe. This eliminates wasted fresh food that spoils quickly while unused in the refrigerator. Green Chef also encourages my kids to be adventurous by eating an assortment of fresh foods.
Cajun Shrimp Recipe Ingredients
Sustainably Raised Shrimp
Organic Seasoned White Quinoa
Organic Corn & Edamame
Organic Roasted Red Peppers
Organic Pickled Peppers
Organic Scallions, Thyme, & Parsley
Cajun Shrimp Recipe Instructions
- Saute Aromatics – Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil in a medium pot with a lid. Add red onion, celery, and garlic to hot pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minted until veggies are softened.
- Cook Quinoa – Add seasoned white quinoa into pot with aromatics. Cook 1 minute, or until spices are fragrant. Add 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer 16 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Prep Veggies – Rough chop baby spinach. Dice roma tomato into 1/4 inch pieces. Thinly scale scallions at an angle, discard root ends. De-stem thyme and parsley. Roughly chop leaves(separately). Roughly chop pickled peppers.
- Start Succotash – Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil. Add roasted red peppers plus corn and edamame to hot pan. Season with half of the thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup water, tomato, and half the scallions. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Roast Shrimp – Open, drain, and rinse shrimp. Pat dry with a paper towel. Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Drizzle shrimp with about 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with remaining thyme, salt, and blackening spices. Spread shrimp out on a lightly oiled foil-lines baking sheet. Roast 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp are pearly and opaque in the center.
- Make Salsa – Place pickled peppers in a small bowl. Add parsley and remaining scallions. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Zest whole lemon with a microplane or small holes on a box grater over bowl. Halve lemon. Squeeze juice from half lemon over bowl, avoiding seeds. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Finish Quinoa & Succotash – Add spinach to pot with quinoa (do not stir). Let rest, covered, 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir until spinach wilts. Salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze juice from remaining half lemon over pan with succotash, avoiding seeds. Stir to combine.
- Plate Your Dish – Divide quinoa and succotash between plates. Pile shrimp over quinoa. Garnish with salsa to taste. Enjoy
New customers get $50 off their first box ~ bit.ly/JustMarla
Tag your Green Chef food photos on social media with @greenchef & #DinnerVictory for a chance to win 1 free meal.
(Full Disclosure: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.)