Full Disclosure: I was provided with samples to facilitate this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
1. Commit to 8 hours of sleep. Lack of rest disrupts your mood and metabolism. When your well rested you can think clearer to make healthy choices. When your sleeping, the cells in your body repair themselves. During this time your hormone levels stabilize and your immune system preps to fight off impending intruders. A good nights rest leads to starting each day off on the right foot!
2. Eat a healthy breakfast. To start the new year right with healthy habits replace heavy breakfast meats with Stonyfield yogurt and fresh fruit. Scramble a few eggs and in under 10 minutes you have prepared a protein packed meal to sustain you until lunch time.
3. Exercise 30 minutes per day. Weather you work from home or are sedentary at the office all day, aim to get up and move around every 2 hours. Even if it’s just to walk to the restroom. Gradually increase your activity. Before you know it you will be walking a mile instead of just around the room!
4. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Healthy habits are necessary and this one is HUGE! Staying hydrated is essential to kidney function as your body works to flush out toxins in your body. Carry a BPA-Free plastic or stainless steel water bottle with you to make sure you always have water available. Drinking water before meals will also reduce the amount of food you consume and aid in weigh loss efforts!
5. Hug loved ones & laugh often. A positive attitude, viewing the glass half full, and sharing special moments with loved ones will encourage you to implement healthy habits. These healthy habits will ensure your making an effort to live a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle!
What healthy habits do you currently do on a daily basis? What healthy habits will you implement this year?